Evolving technological advances drive the change of cyber threat landscape. Devices and applications are under development and appear on the market at more rapidly—and with those new technologies come new threats.
Not only companies and organizations—but individual users using laptops, tablets, and smartphones, who are novices in information security risks—must deal with potential cyber-attacks.
“Security is a journey, not a destination.”
– Symantec CISO Patricia Titus
Hidden threats from social media sites are a continuing challenge, as social media becomes the primary source of connectivity for people around the world. More cross-platform sharing and integration will continue to make device and network security an evolving challenge at all levels.
It is essential to understand the multi-axial evolution of cyber-attacks. To combat evolving threats from a network’s core to end user devices, Fortinet recommends some advice to protect valuable assets inside the network, including:
- Identify all legal requirements facing your specific business.
- Ensure your data is protected, segmented and monitored.
- Review your security posture on a regular basis.
Dynamic Worldwide Recommendation
To get a foot in the door of cybersecurity, you may want to know more about:
- CompTIA Security+: Build your knowledge in security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security.
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker: Develop an understanding of hacker methods and network defenses.
If you are experienced in computer security but want to stay ahead of the curve in cyberspace, we recommend you consider the following certification:
- Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE 4) Bundle: Explore firewall policies, user authentication, basic VPNs, explicit proxy, virus detection, web filtering, application control and more.