There will be 1 million veterans returning to the job market over the next 5 years. Unemployment rates for these brave men and women sits at 9.2% but is at an astounding rate of 30% for those under age 25 who most likely joined the military to serve fresh out of high school. The transition process is key and here is how we can help:
1. Understand the challenges they face. Veterans often feel stuck inside their Military Occupational Specialty (MOS). They spend more time relating to their military skill sets than to corporate world job skills.
2. Prepare them to deal with the civilian job market. Less than half of the veterans surveyed (43%) actually feel prepared to make the transition.
3. Build on the skills they already have as they translate to the current job market. This means training and retraining. There is definitely a skills gap in filling all the positions open in the world of IT and many technology companies and schools are stepping up to partner with the public sector to train and retrain.
4. Help build the confidence that they will find a job that suits them. Only 22% of returning veterans surveyed say that they are confident that this will happen for them.
5. Teach veterans how to tell their story and sell themselves to an employer.
Understand, prepare, enhance, build, and teach. These lay the foundation for a successful transition from the life our deserving veterans chose to the life they secured through their service to our country.
If you are a Post 9/11 Veteran, call us at: 480-907-3071 or toll-free: 866-399-8287
You Should Follow Us: